When you visit the HPCA or a Council website, you can expect that we will treat any information you provide to us responsibly and in a way that meets the New South Wales government's privacy responsibilities and obligations. The New South Wales government's privacy practices are regulated by the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
When you look at the pages on our websites, the information is automatically record and identifies (for each page accessed):
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine that has accessed it
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .edu, .au, .uk etc.)
- the address of your server
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited and
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
The information we collect when you visit our websites is combined with similar information we have collected to help us understand how you have used our websites and how we can improve our services to you.
The HPCA and Councils will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise, consistent with the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
The HPCA and Councils will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above only when there have been an unauthorised access or unlawful communication or an attempt to compromise security.