Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW multimedia content
Educational videos - Our business, everyone's business and your business
This three-part video series provides vital information to practitioners and educators on the Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW, our role in the regulation of nursing and midwifery and the methods we use to process complaints and make decisions. The videos also provide useful information to improve practice including:
- a breakdown of the professional standards
- how to create safe cultures in your workplace
- other tips to help protect the safety of the public and limit complaints against you and your workplace.
Practitioners can claim the videos as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) once viewed.
This video focusses on the Council's business and explains our role in the regulation of nurses and midwives, including:
- who is appointed to the Council
- how the Council manages complaints
- how the Council works with partner regulators (the co-regulatory model)
This video focusses on everyone's business - keeping the public safe. The professional obligations of nurses and midwives help us do this together as regulators, practitioners and educators and this video will break down the obligations, including:
- what they are
- how to apply them
- how they interact to maintain cultures of safety.
This video focusses on your business as a practitioner. It will look at:
- the importance of professionalism
- supervision, delegation and the scope of your practice
- what happens if conditions are placed on registration
- safe practice and limiting complaints.
Video - Performance assessment overview
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW may refer a practitioner to an independent performance assessment as a result of a notification. This video provides an overview of the performance assessment process. To view a copy of the full video, please contact your case manager.
Infographic - Key facts for nurses and midwives
This infographic explains the Council's core business and processes. It is an ideal resource to quickly spead information on the Council among practitioners and includes interesting facts on:
- the most common complaints against nurses and midwives
- the three pathways complaints may proceed down
- the key stages of a complaint
- the possible outcomes of a complaint
- the amount of complaints that result in cancellation or suspension.