List of fact sheets
We provide a range of fact sheets to help practitioners and complainants understand our processes.
Interpreter service
People who prefer a language other than English should contact the HPCA through the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450. Interpreters can be arranged by the HPCA to discuss a complaint or TIS will organise for an interpreter in your language to be on the...

Before lodging a complaint with us

What do you need to know before lodging a complaint with us? This section contains key informaiton that you need to know before lodging a complaint. This includes a guide on filling in online complaints form, information about filling in complaints form on behalf of...

Our policies

Policies, guidelines, procedures, position statements and processes which guide the work of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.

Conduct pathway

Conduct issues generally relate to behavioural acts or omissions and often go to the question of character. The conduct pathway allows the Council to manage complaints that may constitute unsatisfactory professional conduct or professional misconduct.

Complaint assessment

We manage complaints through our heath, performance or conduct pathway, depending on the issue.

How we manage complaints

We protect the public and manage risk to public health and safety. We help make sure that registered health practitioners in NSW practise safely and competently. You can make a complaint about the health, performance or conduct of a registered health practitioner. We...

Committees assisting us

Section 41 of the Health Practitioner National Law (NSW) allows the Council to establish committees to assist it in connection with the exercise of any of its functions. The members of a committee need not be members of the Council. The Council has established a number...

How we work

This page covers more specific information about the procedures and possible outcomes in the management of a complaint againt a practitioner. We consult with the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) to decide which organisation will manage each complaint. Serious...
General inquiries
This section provides information and contact details for general inquiries, media enquiries, complaints and interpreter services.