The Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW has published a video that provides an overview of the performance assessment process. A performance assessment is a confidential process that provides an independent assessment of a practitioner’s professional performance. The Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW may refer a practitioner to an independent performance assessment as a result of a notification.
The video contains a comprehensive run through of a simulated performance assessment and includes useful information on:
- The schedule
- Equipment and the use of manikins
- The role of the independent assessors
- The written knowledge test
- The performance assessment report
- The post-assessment reflective interview
The video is available on our multimedia page.