The Nursing and Midwifery Council of NSW is currently inviting nurses and midwives from a range of backgrounds to express their interest in becoming practitioner members. As a practitioner member, you will play a pivotal role in regulating the nursing and midwifery professions by:
- assisting the Council in its regulatory activities
- providing professional advice and expertise
- collaboratively participating in panels, committees and hearings
Practitioner members do not sit on the Council, rather they are contacted on an ad hoc basis to assist the Council to make recommendations and decisions regarding complaints about registered nurses/midwives and nursing and midwifery students.
If you would like to express your interest as a practitioner member, could you please advise by COB Friday 23 December 2022, indicating your availability and which area you are willing to assist in. The Council will review applications against the following criteria:
- Integrity, impartiality, open-mindedness, judgement and fairness demonstrated in senior leadership roles within the nursing and midwifery profession or other health settings
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, registration standards, codes and guidelines for the profession
- Strong understanding of the duties, obligations and objectives of the role
Practitioner members are remunerated for their services in line with NSW government policy.
Please consult our information sheet for further information on professional member responsibilities, remuneration, the Council and more.
To express your interest, please complete the EOI Form, and email it with an up-to-date CV (no more than five pages) to HPCA-NursingandMidwiferyCouncil@health.nsw.gov.au by COB Friday 23 December 2022.